Saturday 27 August 2011

Korea 2011: Suwon Folk Village: Another Enchanting Custom

The Suwon Folk Village was quite an experience.  I will attempt to cover the various aspects that we saw, starting with and enchanting custom which occurs at the entrance to the village.  There is a table where one can get strips of natural paper.  There is a pen, and there is a donation box.  One can write messages and then do this:
Messages tied to a tree
I did four.  Here is the one that I did for Isy:
For Isy
Isy, I know, will love this.  She is sentimental, as I am.  I suspect that those that I did for others might be regarded as sentimental and silly, so I'll keep them for myself.  I know I did it with a lot of love in my heart.  It is enough for me that those little messages will remain there until the paper disintegrates and becomes part of the land of the village.

1 comment:

  1. This is a total surprise. You're 100% correct on the sentimantal part, it has once again touched the very bottom of my heart. How can I ever thank you for your friendship? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete